We’re looking for a part-time Project Manager to join a small, friendly team dedicated to creating simple and secure software. We work remotely across different timezones, using Mattermost and GitLab to coordinate our work.
The Project Manager will collaborate with the rest of the team to develop the Briar messaging app and supporting software. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a remote team of designers, developers, usability experts and QA testers
- Planning and overseeing the delivery of software improvements
- Monitoring progress and costs to keep the project within time and budget constraints
- Coordinating the work of team members, who may be working part-time in different timezones
- Communicating with funders and other stakeholders
- Delivering quarterly progress and financial reports
- Proven ability to deliver software projects with the expected scope, timeline and budget
- Experience of Agile methods
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience of managing a remote team
- Commitment to protecting and promoting human rights
- Experience of managing mobile software projects
- Experience of managing security-oriented software projects
- Knowledge of information security
- Familiarity with free/open source software
- Part-time, 5 hours per week
- Immediate start
- Three month initial contract
Pay: USD $68 per hour
The applicant must be an independent contractor. A three-month initial contract is offered, with extensions available for up to three years if the initial contract is successful.
The role can be performed from anywhere in the world, but preference will be given to applicants who live within easy travelling distance of London, UK, to enable occasional face-to-face meetings with other team members.