Building the Source Code
1) Download and install Android Studio.
3) Select Git from the popup menu.
4) Enter https://code.briarproject.org/briar/briar.git as the Git Repository URL, then click Clone.
This process may take a bit, and you should see a dialog similar to this.
5) When the source code has downloaded, click Yes to open the project.
6) Select Build > Build Bundle(s)/APK(s) > Build APK(s) from the Android Studio menu.
7) When the build process finishes, click Show in File Manager to open the folder containing the APK file, briar-android-official-debug.apk. You can sideload this file onto any Android device.
8) Briar is under constant development, so you should check for updates regularly. To get the latest version of the source code, select VCS > Update Project.
Alternatively, you can also use the Update Project button on the toolbar:
9) Click OK to accept the default settings.
10) Repeat steps 6 and 7 to build and install the updated app.
If you’re interested in getting involved or following the progress of the project, please join the development mailing list.